Sunday, July 12, 2015

The natural unfolding...

I think the hardest thing in life is to let things ride and just enjoy our experiences as they happen. To let people feel what they need to feel. To let people do what they need to do. To allow ourselves our own reactions, feelings, impulses, actions... without judgement. Life unfolds as it will and there's generally not a damn thing we can do about it. It would be so nice to know what's careening around the corner, so we could brace ourselves and be prepared. But that's just not how it works. Sometimes the "news" is exciting and exhilarating and other times we have to pick up a few pieces. One thing is for certain, there are a lot of surprises along the way and I guess we can be thankful that life isn't boring;) Personally speaking, I can't believe how long and how much it's taken for me to come to terms with the whole just letting things happen idea. I've never considered myself a controlling person, but there's no question, at times I desperately want to direct an outcome. I want to know! I want to prepare myself emotionally because I don't know how crushed I may end up. There's a whiplash effect to some of our experiences and along with the post traumatic stress, it's almost like we know too much, we've felt too much and we have a pretty good idea in advance about how we may be affected. There will be no ignorance is bliss as we get older. This is probably why parents can be so over-protective. It can be virtually impossible to chill, be zen, and allow whatever happens to happen, for it to be ok and for us to be ok. This is the challenge. This is my challenge anyway. I'm up for it, how 'bout you? Hugs:)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment