Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Life can be a grind...

I don't wanna sound like a big whiner (because I hate that so much in life), but wow, some days really challenge us to dig deep and find an extra gear. I was actually given an award in high school basketball for having the tireless drive to keep trying until I succeed - the perseverance award. My default has always been that tomorrow is a new day and exciting things are just around the corner. Of course we know that glitches and challenges are a part of the package as well, but I tend to focus on the delightfully unexpected and wonderful moments in life. But honestly, some days can come fully loaded with the trifecta of issues - challenges at work, issues with a friend or loved one and relationship disappointments or post mortem crap. Heavy sigh... of course these days pass and the issues resolve one way or another. Sometimes you just decide to set the killer stuff aside and tackle one task at a time and eventually the day is progressing not bad actually. Ok. I'm gonna cry a little bit here though and say that sales post-2008 has been particularly difficult. Living in an expensive city like Vancouver puts the squeeze on us all, including those with means, I continue to discover. This makes selling all the more difficult. So, facing customers everyday all day means hearing a whole lot of "no". Just sayin'. Problem is, complaining doesn't accomplish anything. Finding solutions and being creative is a better focus, which generally produces results. I guess I'm saying, let's not give up, no matter what - not matter how difficult it gets. It's so cool when we face the seemingly impossible and find a way around it or through it. When we succeed (especially against all odds), we build confidence and self-esteem and I think we learn new and valuable skills. When we stretch ourselves, we grow and bring value to our own lives. This is what I keep telling myself because I like positivity and I think it's infectious. I think I just gave myself the pep talk I was needing today, Lol ;) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment