Monday, July 27, 2015

Achilles heel...

We all have our crosses to bare in life. Mine seems to be the lack of success in a long term love relationship to date. Painfully, this is such a visible indication of one's inner world. I know the divorce rate is more than 50 % and all, but most people manage to find a good partner and build a life, don't they? So when you have two divorces in tow, people start to wonder about you (especially your friends and family). People begin wonder if there's something wrong with you? At least that's how it feels - and "concerned" people actually come right out and say "did you ever want to have children" or "you seem like such a nice person, I don't get it". Ouch. I can tell you this is the ultimate ego death! :( ... but I won't ask for pity. I think I finally understand something. We are the only ones we need to be concerned with. We need to accept ourselves unconditionally, no matter what. We need to forgive us our own trespasses, weaknesses, warts and all. We are the only ones who can save us and guide us on our own particular path to happiness and fulfillment. Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment