Sunday, September 27, 2015

Trusting that inner instinct

I've struggled with this one over the years. My brain says one thing, (usually the logical choice), but something in me is veering in another direction and I've often wondered if the resistance is fear or gut instinct? In hindsight, when I've listened to my brain's reason and ignored that niggling inner voice, I've ended up in the wrong place. A wise friend of mine shared a great story with me today. She found herself in an uncomfortable situation and deep down she wanted to leave, but her brain said "Maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I just don't get it." In the end, she trusted the discomfort in her stomach and ended up having a glorious time going with the flow and exploring the unknown. It seems that we should give ourselves the gift of enjoyment and free will, rather than the "musts" and "shoulds" of duty and obligation, which often limit our access to enjoyment in life. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment