Thursday, September 10, 2015

It's never too late...

Okay, gonna get serious, a bit heavy and perhaps sad, but with a great silver lining... because I'm an eternal optimist and I believe in a glass half full approach to life. I'll always find the good in something.

I've talked a lot about the baggage we all accumulate and it seems that the worse our beginnings, the more relationship drama we'll be faced with, unless we can do something about it. If we've suffered full-on abuse, of whatever severity, we're going to have to struggle to step around that in our future. If we haven't grown up with a kind, loving, warm, caring and supportive environment, we may not even have the awareness that we need to run far from that sort of thing in our future. Abuse can even be just needling or constant critiquing, which erodes our self-confidence and sense of self. I have suffered from such circumstances, unfortunately... When I look back on my relationship track record, it reeks of shaky foundation. Despite all the education, therapy, self-help, spiritual support in the world, I supposed I've had to learn the hard way about how I want to be treated. Better late than never, but I have to say that living abuse-free is a revelation. The contrast between troubled and drama-filled relationships vs fun/loving/supportive/warm/accepting ones is just crazy... and once you get it, you really get it.

From the depths of my soul, I wish us all real love and caring in our lives. I wish for us... people who appreciate us and treat us well. I wish for us unconditional love and acceptance for who we are today, with limitations and all. I wish for us the absence of abuse and mistreatment. I wish for us beautiful support and belonging. Anything less is just simply not good enough. Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment