Thursday, September 3, 2015

Saying good-bye and letting go...

There are so many cliche sayings that are supposed to help us cope and make us feel better, like letting something go (or being ok with losing something) so that something better can come along etc. I don't know if that stuff actually makes us feel better in the moment. When we're upset and struggling, maybe we just need to feel what we're feeling. What's so interesting though, is realizing how many of these so called cliche sayings have actual merit. I've suffered much disappointment over the years, particularly in relationships, and luckily I can see now that those experiences were not the end all-be all. I've learned a lot and I've shared wonderful time with good people, but truly when things don't line up, there's just nothing to be done about it (and I know for sure that a "match" needs to be "right" for us. In my experience, "settling" is not a road to fulfillment). My favourite therapist tells me good-bye's are a fundamental part of living and that rather than be sad, we should just do them well. Give due care and attention to the letting go process, be grateful for the valuable time with that person, wish them well and look forward to more meaningful and aligned connections to come. I like that :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment