Monday, September 14, 2015

Fulfilled, regardless...

For many years I heard people talk about going "within" to find happiness and fulfillment. Various helping professionals had similar guidance - "have your own back and watch your dreams come true" or "meeting your own needs is your biggest shot at true happiness" etc. I don't mind saying, I didn't get it. I didn't understand what that meant or how to do it. These words seemed like empty spiritual or self-help speak and I found it all kind of condescending frankly. Amazingly enough, I somehow landed on such a path. This did not come quick or easy. I found my "Self" and began owning my deepest needs and wants, while picking up the pieces of my career, finances and so-called love relationship. From the floor, I started over, one scrap of emotion at at time. By taking stock of my cobbled past, I have learned to understand myself and my choices. I now make decisions that support me in all of the important ways. I never imagined this would be the biggest accomplishment of my life. Of course, I will always place huge importance on my friends and family and I will always have a deep seated need to accomplish something meaningful. There are things I seem to need/want to accomplish. But I now put my own health, happiness and well-being first. I suppose I was looking to someone/something else to give me that level of love and security. It's an amazing feeling to enjoy meeting those needs for myself. Somehow this frees up a HUGE amount of emotion and energy for my personal pursuits and for the people I care about. I realize that enjoying people, rather than needing them to fulfill something in your life, is immensely empowering. Somehow there's more love to go around and more to give.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment