Friday, September 11, 2015

How good can it be?...

Does everyone else out there wonder just how much we can expect and hope for from a relationship? I mean, how good can it really be? What is realistic and possible? I've surveyed a lot of people, 'cause I'm curious about such things ;). I asked a lot of couples to rate their relationships out of 10 and the results were pretty interesting. Of the relationships that seem quite enviable, the score was 8.5 or 9 out of 10. Of the couples who seem to struggle, their scores were 7 or less. Clearly it should be possible to ask for and receive more fulfillment in our primary relationships. The disclaimer would be that we have to choose well up front because some dynamics are naturally easier than others. Another disclaimer is that I am no expert in this domain, Lol; ), having more than a couple of failed relationships on my resume! All the more reason to focus on this stuff though, right. I'm happy to report that I have learned a thing or two from my past mistakes and missteps. I now know how to ask for what I want and to not settle for less than that. Amazingly enough, I have come face to face with the potential for a 9+ out of ten;).... so now I know that it exists! I think I wasn't sure there for a while...  Just sayin'

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment