Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Forgiving is for you…

Forgive anyone who caused you pain or harm.

Keep in mind that forgiving is not for others. It is for you. Forgiving is not forgetting. It is remembering without anger. It frees up your power, heals your body, mind and spirit. Forgiveness opens up a pathway to a new place of peace where you can persist despite what has happened to you.

— Les Brown

I suffered a humiliating and embarrassing betrayal. I did not see it coming and I figured “everyone” knew. (In the end, most people were as shocked as I was). The romantic part of the relationship had been in serious trouble, but I thought we were friends and would always be friends, or family even. I guess I thought we’d find our way through, or to the end, with respect for one another and the relationship. Well, my bad. It took me a while, but in the end I came to own my share of responsibility in what transpired. In truth, I had pretty much left him, but just didn’t move out. And still, the whiplash has been quite long and lasting. Logically speaking, I absolutely want to forgive the affair between those two trusted people, but emotionally it still stings a bit. I’m working on it though. I want to release the pain and I want the healing. I want that energy and personal power back. I want to focus on loving, nurturing thoughts and activities, particularly as the break up led to a huge transformation and finding the love of my life. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment