Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Self love and peace: get out of jail card

Wherever we are, whatever we're doing, whatever we've done in the past, whomever we're seeing or not seeing, we will always have ourselves to contend with. As the saying goes, "we come in alone and we'll go out alone", and as another great saying goes, "no matter where you go, there you are". A very astute therapist recently said, "we cannot change our legacy, or our family of origin, and so some things we're going to need to accept, live with and find peace with". That sounds like such great advice. How exactly do we achieve this?

Finding peace with what we've been through, what's happened to us, what we're left to deal with, and figuring out how to proceed and find happiness and fulfillment in life is no easy task. Even with a lot of therapy, life coaching, books, all the meditation and yoga in the world, and a lot of time and money later, we can still be left with a hangover from our life history. Hopefully we've gained some great friendships, a bit of wisdom and compassion for others... but how do we achieve a sense of being truly ok now and into the future. Great teachings from various walks of life point to letting ourselves off the hook. All the kindness, generosity, care and allowances we give others... if we can just direct that back at ourselves... tell ourselves that we have done our best at each given moment. With what we've been through, with what we knew at the time, with the limited knowledge we had then, with the limited skills we were raised with, we did our very best. We can't ask more of ourselves than that. If we feel we didn't do our best, then with that life experience, we can do better next time. It is never too late to let ourselves off the hook. Here's a little affirmation, and kindness we can give ourselves. (From The Law of Forgiveness, by Connie Domino).

I forgive myself completely and freely. I release myself and let me go. So far as I'm concerned the incident that happened is finished forever. I wish the best for me. I wish for myself my highest good. I hold myself in the light. I am free and all again is well with me. Peace be with me.

Let's give ourselves a get out of jail card. Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment