Thursday, February 29, 2024

Do you take responsibility for other people’s problems?…

My childhood trauma didn’t make me stronger it made me a people pleaser, it made it impossible for me to give up on people, it made me exhaustingly empathetic, it made me constantly have the urge to take responsibility for everybody’s problems even it I didn’t cause them, and it made me only able to feel in extremes.

— Unknown 

I can relate. It’s taken long term healing and much education to figure out how to have my own back. Individual therapy allowed me to grieve and mostly resolve my past trauma (deep rooted family stuff is still a bit sticky). Group therapy was brilliant in teaching me new emotional/communication/relationship skills, such as “clearing” which facilitates a mutually respectful resolution of tension between two people. I’m a big fan of therapy. I find it to be a very safe, comforting and supportive experience. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment