Friday, February 9, 2024

Are you holding your breath?…

Many trauma survivors hold their breath and their bodies tightly, bracing themselves for whatever is coming next. Staying alert for years takes a toll. 

Create spaces where you can take your armour off.

— Dr Thema 

I’ve done loads and loads of therapy and coaching, but I’ve never heard post-trauma summed up quite like this before. Makes sense. I found my way to energy work (Craniosacral Therapy, Body Talk, and EMDR, another non-talk therapy option), which seems to really help with the holding on tight thing. I first approached Body Talk as a last resort for life long stomach aches, and the practitioner diagnosed me with “anxious tummy.” I always thought I had allergies, but a blood testing tool confirmed that I actually have zero allergies. I’ve continued with Craniosacral Therapy, which has a very positive emotional and physical impact. So glad I found this remedy! Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment