Sunday, January 16, 2022

Learning and improving as time goes by…

If you look back only at your mistakes, you’d think you were an idiot. If you look back only at your wise choices, you’d think you were infallible.  But if you look back on everything, you’d realize you’re a human being who has been through a lot, grown up a lot, and is always still learning and improving as time goes by.

— Doe Zantamata (Author of Happiness in Your Life Book series, blogger, artist and photographer)

Like a lot of other people, I had a certain vision, along with a timeline, in mind for my future. I thought I would be super successful at a young age. But as they say, life is what happens when you’re busy making plans. I have to remind myself that I do actually make a fantastic living, which affords me a pretty sweet lifestyle (and time to write, which is one of my very favourite hobbies, during morning coffee). Thing is, I thought I’d be even more successful than that. What I hadn’t anticipated is the huge impact my emotional/relationship world would have on my motivation and inspiration. I spent a couple of decades trying to manifest a wonderful, fulfilling and long lasting relationship. This led to a lot of therapy and personal work and I now realize my biggest success is a rock solid relationship with myself, which finally led to the love of my life. I’m still working on my vision of ultimate success (financially independent entrepreneur), but I am now more comfortable letting this unfold as life affords. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl     

No comments:

Post a Comment