Sunday, January 9, 2022

Rest, recovery and reflection are essential…

Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery, reflection are essential parts of the process towards a successful and happy life.

— Zach Galifianakis

I used to work a LOT when I was younger, but that was out of necessity. I saved for a car at the very young of 14 because I wanted the convenience and time savings a vehicle provides. My sister and I were bosom buddies growing up, so it was easy to share a car. She was happy to drive me around until I could drive myself because I paid for half of everything ;). Then I needed to pay for college, so I worked semi-full time and went to school semi-full time. Then I needed to pay off school debt and make enough to buy a proper career wardrobe. Fewf. Looking back, I wonder where I found the energy. As I’ve gotten older, I suppose I’ve had the luxury of time and sufficient funding to focus on recovery and reflection. Fortunately, I had the sense to invest in professional coaching (traditional therapy, life coaching, energy work and relationship skills courses). I also landed on both career and relationship time-outs, which allowed for a deep dive into my goals/desires/needs/wants. I’m not gonna lie, these were not fun times. But the silver lining has been quite miraculous; I found the perfect love of my life (which is perfect even when it’s not perfect) and I also found my dream job. I’m still in pursuit of my entrepreneurial dream. I have it in my head and heartthat I want to contribute something meaningful and long lasting to this world. I’ll happily die trying, and in the meantime I’m enjoying life exactly as it is. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment