Saturday, January 29, 2022

Care enough to make it work…

You can’t just give up on someone because the situation’s not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.

— Unknown 

In my experience, it wasn’t so much about not caring enough. I feel my marriage failures were due to less than perfect pairings. The differences were simply impossible to bridge. Not for a lifetime anyway. Fortunately, I learned from my mistakes. I learned about what I really need/want, can’t live with, can’t live without and most importantly, what my deal breakers are. When I met the love of my life, we had pretty much identical “lists” for our perfect partner. Our lists included our must have’s, our priorities in life, our goals/ideals, and the relationship has been easy from the start. Sure, we’ve had to navigate ex’s and the needs of the children, but there’s always a happy compromise. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment