Monday, January 31, 2022

A little self healing…

Journaling prompts:

* Write a letter to someone who hurt you

* Write out your priorities

* What’s something you would do if you weren’t afraid

* Who is someone who inspires you?

* What is something that inspires you?

* What are you most proud of?

* What is something you need less of?

* What scares you the most?

* What brings you peace?

— Unknown

My favourite therapist has given me a number of writing exercises over the years. I never look forward to doing them because I know they stir the emotional pot. Once completed, however, I always feel a load off. For example, he told me to write a letter to my dearly departed father and talk to him about what it was like growing up in our home. Then, interestingly, he told me to write a letter back to myself from my father and say all the things I wish he could have said to me, including the use of pet names (that I wished he’d called me). This exercise, strangely, was very, very comforting and healing. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment