Friday, October 23, 2015

Don't play victim...

"Playing victim" is something I learned about in my early 30's from a very savvy life coach. I have to be honest - it took some explaining before I could understand what the heck she was talking about and it's taken a really long time to see the full benefit of this notion. I felt strongly that some things just happen to us... and of course, some things do just happen to us. What this coach explained, however, was that we have a role to play in our reactions and expectations, and in the "filters" we tend to wear. So! Apparently, we are all slanted in certain ways, based on our upbringing, heritage, life experiences etc and these things we cannot control. What we do have control over is governing how we're going to proceed before "stuff" happens to us and after something has happened to us. I guess this is the whole "take lemons and make lemonade" deal. Savvy coach says we can all be guilty of complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves, but this doesn't solve a whole lot in the end. At some point, we're supposed to make decisions about what we want in our lives and set about finding a way to make that happen... and believing we can pull it off. I've had such experiences this lately :) Pretty great!! Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment