Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Make over year...

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary of striking out on my own, post-break up (and shocking betrayal). I'm happy to report that my "resolutions" have been quite the success. By success, I mean achieving peace, happiness and a greater sense of accomplishment at work and in life in general. I can't take full credit. I had a lot of help. A few genius coaches gave me the pearls of wisdom with which to set my goals; 1) above all, have your own back 2) focus on how you want to feel at work or in your relationship and go after that 3) know that true happiness can only come from within and that nothing external to you should dictate how you feel about yourself and your life. What I can take credit for is making big commitments to myself and sticking to them for a full year (to reiterate.... no sugar/sweets for a full year, blog for 365 days straight about my experience, go more than the extra mile at work and remember every day that my happiness and self-worth are completely up to me and what I think and feel). So, how does it feel a year later? What's interesting is this... I feel very proud of what I've accomplished in the last year for sure, but what I'm left with is the new habits that I formed 1) remember every day that happiness comes from within and that nothing external to me will ever again dictate how I feel about myself or my life 2) I know that when I go the extra mile I feel great about myself and what I'm achieving and the results usually speak for themselves 3) I know that when I make a decision about what I want and need in my life, I can usually "manifest" exactly that. Very empowering.... just sayin ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment