Thursday, October 1, 2015

Acknowledging emotional truths...

Lows on the roller coaster of life are pretty much always jarring, whether we see them coming or not, I find. I've been observing this all year with much curiosity, rather than resistance or feeling sorry for myself. Specifically, I've noticed a lot of denial when facing difficult or upsetting moments. It's almost like ignoring the "incident" in the hopes that it'll go away or pretending it didn't happen at all. Over time though, the emotional response begins to bubble up and over. It seems there's no hiding from our reactions to unpleasantness. I have found that (when I'm ready) facing how I feel can be kind of freeing. There's relief in processing the emotion, making sense of it somehow, letting it go and moving on. Sometimes there is no answer and no way of making sense of crap. Some things just are... like someone in your life who is damaged and/or incapable of giving you what you need and want... and that has to be ok somehow as well. There's nothing we can do about it. I've learned that I can only take care of myself, nurture myself, give myself everything I need and want. I know that I must accept others as they are because that's all I have control over. Of course, I've also learned that I don't need to spend time around people who make me feel bad :/  There is a line for each of us and only we can decide how to best spend our time so that we are taking proper care of ourselves. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment