Monday, October 12, 2015

Need a change? ...

According to a lot of health-focused sources, if we want change in our lives, we need to create new habits. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen overnight and there's no quick fix. For example, losing weight requires some commitment to lifestyle change - more exercise and less/more healthy intake (and maybe less tasty treats! Damn!!). Sucks for sure, but that's pretty much what it's gonna take - a serious adjustment on a daily basis and maybe permanently, which is why diets don't work in the long term. The change needs to be indefinite. That's probably not very inspiring or encouraging for a whole lot of people. I've been there. There's no way in hell I was ever going to give up sugar/sweets. Only I did! Still not sure how I pulled that one off, but I sure like the results. I still think about/crave sugar once in while, but now I don't want to give up on the new and improved physique. I just know that sugar takes me down the rabbit hole and I don't wanna take the chance. I completely understand not wanting to go that route though - that was me for the most part. Yummy food is a big pleasure centre in life. So, what am I saying? Well, if there's something we really want to accomplish, we're probably going to have to make some sort of sacrifice. We certainly can't keep doing the same thing and expect things to change... and personally, I'm really opposed to living with things that are not supportive of who we are and who we need to be. I don't know that we can "settle" for the long haul. We pay a price for that. I really think we owe it to ourselves to be true to who we are deep down and to what we truly want in life. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment