Thursday, August 27, 2015

Open to love?...

Being open to love is no given and no joke. A good therapist will say that if we've experienced unpleasant experiences with love relationships in our impressionable years (parents in particular), it is very possible that we will be hesitant and fearful of love moving forward... unless we take steps to remove old wounds and triggers. Relationships come and go along the way, so this doesn't help our limping paradigm of love and the inevitable hurt that can come with it. Kind of a sucky thought, right? But truly, being open and vulnerable over and over again, despite overwhelming odds against success in relationships is somewhat staggering to say the least. Luckily, romance and attraction are very powerful, so we're usually willing to take another chance, and then another chance, maybe after some licking of our wounds in the down times. The big epiphany came for me recently, when I realized I was not getting what I wanted and needed in my primary relationships to date. I stopped and thought about what I bring and what I give and realized these are the things I want to receive! So! Done. Nothing less for me moving forward and so far so good. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment