Thursday, September 15, 2022

Unlearning generations of harm…

Remember this: There is nothing wrong with you. You have patterns to unlearn, new behaviours to embody and wounds to heal. But there is nothing wrong with the core of you and who you are. You are unlearning generations of harm and remembering love. It takes time.

— Unknown

I don’t know about you, but my brother, sister and I were very much compared to one another. When report cards arrived, we mainly heard about our room for improvement and not what we did well. My sister and I were also informed about which one of us was better looking, according to the aunts and uncles. And people were particularly hard on my brother who suffered weight gain and hair loss at a young age. We continue to be graded throughout school and work, and so it never really ends does it. No wonder we have an “internalized parent” criticizing us. And so it seems up to us to right the ship, so to speak. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO 

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment