Saturday, September 17, 2022

You’re allowed to say no…

Everyone doesn’t need access to you.

Some people are draining and they don’t even know it. You’re allowed to say no, you’re allowed to not answer calls, you’re allowed to break plans, and if you need to save yourself do it.

— Sylvester McNutt the third (Author, Speaker, Podcast Host and certified yoga instructor who says the best decision he ever made was to commit to a lifetime of healing, presence and joy. McNutt says there was pain and addiction in his family system that he had to overcome, which led him to become the adult that he needed as a kid)

Boy can I relate. There was ongoing anger/violence (right up to my 19th birthday, for coming home late), unhappiness and a lot of fear in my family system that I’ve had to overcome. I too have made a lifelong commitment to a healing path. I’ve created a “framily” of my own (those uber safe, unconditionally loving friends who feel more like family than the family of origin). I also have a very rich and rewarding group of colleagues and acquaintances who feel safe and comfy. This sense of belonging has made up for some of the old wounds, but I still want/need/benefit from regular, professional coaching. It helps my “Inner Child” feel safe and well taken care of and provides a layer of stability, health and fulfillment to my life. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment