Monday, July 5, 2021

Relax and have faith…

You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.

— Kody Keplinger (Keplinger wrote the New York Times and USA Today bestseller, The Duff (which was turned into a movie), at age seventeen. She is also the co-founder of Disability in KidLit and a teacher at the Gotham Writers Workshops in NYC).   

Sitting in the unknown can be very scary, especially when stakes are high (like your ability to pay rent!). I’ve stood at the edge of the abyss a few times now, and although everything has indeed worked out for the best, I will never forget the sleepless nights and low level fear that wafted through each day. Faith in myself, writing and a lot of hope got me through, but I also acted as though I was still going to work. I would get up early each morning, get dressed in at least semi-business attire, read the news over coffee, and then focus on my goals. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl  

No comments:

Post a Comment