Saturday, July 10, 2021

Failure is not the opposite to success…

Eighty percent of all businesses fail. That is 8 out of 10 people’s dreams. It can be hard to imagine that the businesses and dreams that succeed represent only 20% of all attempts. There is a lesson in this statistic that they do not teach us in school: we will face many failures throughout our lives…Take Oprah, for instance. She is arguably one of the most successful women in entertainment today. But the beginning of her career was not so auspicious. She was hired to co-anchor the evening news for a local ABC affiliate in Boston. She and her co-anchor did not get along and the public was not receptive of her as a young, African-American woman in a role that was predominantly held by older white men. She ended up being blamed, replaced and demoted. But the experience allowed her to understand that news was not where she belonged. Instead, she found a more emotional approach that she aligned with in the daytime talk show format.

— Sue Bhatia, Founder and Chairwoman at Rose International, Las Vegas

Great example! Clearly, the road to “success” is not a straight line. I look back at all of my entrepreneurial starts and falls and although a bit painful to relive, I know I’ve given it my all, and I want to keep trying. I have a vision of how I want to live my life and I know it’s worth fighting for. Just sayin’ :) Good luck! 

Blessings,

Chatgirl  


No comments:

Post a Comment