Friday, July 30, 2021

Failure is a powerful tool…

Find motivation in your failures. Use it to work harder and free yourself from perfectionism of always needing to do things right. Failure can release us from the constraints of caution. 

Everyone has failed. 

We fail deeply and miserably, attempting to get something we desperately want.

When used correctly, failure is a powerful tool for disruption. 

It is critical to recognize that it is not the missteps, the failures, and the mistakes that hold us back. It’s the perfectionism — the belief that errors are not acceptable. Failure doesn’t limit disruption; being ashamed of failure does.

We need to leverage the learnings and motivation that come with failure. 

Use failure as information. In many ways, we can learn more from failure than we can from our successes. 

(Excerpts from the article Even Olympians Fail)

— Whitney Johnson (CEO of WLJ Advisors and one of the 50 leading business thinkers in the world as named by Thinkers50. Johnson is an expert on helping high-growth organizations develop high-growth individuals. She is an award winning author, world-class keynote speaker, frequent lecturer for Harvard Business School’s Corporate Learning and an executive coach/advisor to CEO’s. She is an innovation and disruption theorist with 1.7 million followers on LinkedIn)

I’ve been pursuing a day dream for many years and it’s been quite the trail of dead ends and wrong turns ;) Regardless, I choose to believe I’ll land on the “right” path and realize the vision I’ve coveted since childhood. I really thought I’d succeed when I was younger, but experience (failure!) has taught me to find fulfillment and pride in each accomplishment, however small, while privately nurturing my vision. What can I say, I just haven’t been able to let it go. I’m stubborn, I’m determined and I believe I can succeed with passion, hard work and perseverance. It’s just a matter of lining up with the right opportunity. I envision writing about it when it does ;)  Just sayin’! Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment