Wednesday, July 21, 2021

What’s really worth your energy…

You have to find the courage to let go when you are no longer being pulled to the energy you want. You have to find the strength to leave when what you want is no longer there. 

You cannot find your worth in someone else or by proving it. Your value is found when you become aware of how worthy you are and what’s really worth your energy.

— Unknown

When I was facing my second divorce (and tortured by the very thought of it frankly), my favourite therapist said “thing is, you have to have your own back, all the way.” He was asking me to be completely honest about whether the relationship was meeting my needs and whether it was bringing happiness and fulfillment… and then acting on that knowledge. The truth was difficult to handle because it meant blowing everything up and facing the inevitable judgments (especially self-judgment). I went through with the break and what became even more important was figuring out how to choose the right partner, finally. With the help of some great coaching and a valuable analysis of my past choices, I learned to be a great partner myself (being a welcoming and considerate communicator for example) and then found my perfect match. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment