Friday, September 20, 2019

Dealing with painful feelings...

What I realized is that I was running to avoid tough feelings, painful feelings. I just didn’t know how to deal with them. Anything I found that I used for escape... It can be anything - drugs, booze, Netflix, snacks. Anything. I don’t want, at this point, to be running from anything... I want to sit in it, I want to feel it, I wantI want to get through the rough night. I found, in doing so, you come out the other side with a more profound understanding of yourself and a greater gratefulness of those in your life. And the birds and the trees and everything else. (About Alcoholics Anonymous). You had all these men sitting around being open and honest in a way I have never heard. It was this safe space where there was little judgement, and therefore little judgment of yourself... It was actually really freeing just to expose the ugly sides of yourself. There’s great value in that.

— Brad Bitt (Province newspaper quote Friday, Sept 20th 2019)

Well said. Very courageously said. My favourite therapist would be proud. This is exactly the healing process he speaks of and so deeply believes in, based on 40 years of coaching/teaching/helping people. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment