Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Setting intentions...

A very wise coach did me a huge favour about ten years ago. I was on a free fall in my career and finances after the 2008 crash and I was experiencing ongoing panic and anxiety. I’ll give myself credit for having decent coping skills. I would wake up early every morning, regardless of my work status and being paid half of my usual salary. I treated the coffee shop as my place of business and for a couple of bucks I could feel a sense of purpose. I would read the paper and write in my journal (something I’ve been doing since I was ten years old and what a lifeline). I worked out every day, another lifeline I’ve had throughout my life. My struggle went on a while and so I found a life coach who could help pull me out of this mess. I benefitted from the most simple and critical piece of advice, which brought me back to life. The coach said “you have to set your intentions. Every day write out how you want your life to look and feel. Write out how much money you want to make, what kind of relationship you want with your boss, what kind of schedule you want. You get the idea.” Now, I’m not going to say my miracle happened overnight, but it happened within the year. I found my dream job and began making more money than ever and in a very relaxed and joyful way. I was able to apply this advice to my romantic life as well, by the way, and an even bigger miracle happened in love. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment