Saturday, March 17, 2018

Pebble in your shoe...

It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you down. It’s the pebble in your shoe.

- Muhammad Ali

My favourite therapist would agree. He says the trauma of our past (upbringing) is like a program in the background, running (or ruining) our most important relationships. He also says we can’t change where we come from, but we can certainly learn to better manage our “stuff.” The catch is, we may need to re-live that old crap somewhat before getting a handle on it. The journey of recovery tends to involve a waterfall of tears and discombobulation for a while. A road less traveled for sure. I learned how to invest properly in myself and my life choices. It was a subtle transition that produced sweeping and glorious changes; I am making more money than ever, I love my career, I met the love of my life and most importantly I feel content in and of myself, which takes the pressure off career/relationships/financial status/needing. Just sayin’ :) Hugs.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment