Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What should we own, emotionally speaking?...

I'm all for taking responsibility for our blunders and missteps? We mess up, we make amends. For sure. On the other hand, I've realized something over the years. It seems that at times others want us to own up to our "stuff" and take on their's as well. The old guilt trip and heaps of disappointment are foisted upon us as the other  person sits there feeling quite superior. I realized something else over the years. No thanks! I recently had a friend play judge jury and executioner with me because my calendar coming up to Xmas exploded and I needed to see how I could manoeuvre. Rather than discuss specifics, she handed out a helping of shame, followed by the cold shoulder. No discussion or explanation from me and no new date. She decided that I had placed her as "low man on the totem pole of my social calendar." Doesn't exactly leave me with the warm and fuzzies. My mother could be sick, or I could be facing a significant and rare demand on my time. Another way to go could have been "I hope everything's ok" or "It's a busy time of year" or "Hey, stuff happens in life. I look forward to seeing you soon!" Now that's more like it. That's a person I wanna move mountains for. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment