Saturday, August 13, 2022

Friends and loved ones make life complete…

You don’t need another human being to make your life complete, but let’s be honest. Having your wounds kissed by someone who doesn’t see them as disasters in your soul, but cracks to put their love into, is the most calming thing in this world. 

— Emery Allen

My mother passed away almost two weeks now and the prayers, funeral, and all the preparations and arrangements are behind us. We still have to pack up her small retirement community home, but the bulk of to-do’s are checked off. I know there’s a long road of pensiveness ahead, if my father’s passing is any indication. Mourning and processing have their own meandering path and time frame. What’s really blown me away is the tremendously heart warming out-pouring of support. I know I have wonderful friends and loved ones, but I’ve honestly never felt this level of caring. My partner’s family (who have embraced me as their own from day one) sent an absolutely magnificent bouquet of flowers and loving note to the church, which were placed prominently at the guest sign in table. My work colleagues/family sent a stunning bouquet of white long stemmed white roses to my door at home and the company donated to my mother’s favourite charity, which is the SPCA. Even my partner’s work sent a beautiful arrangement to our home. Many of our best friends attended the entire day’s events (4 different venues! Church service, mausoleum resting place, reception and then celebration of life cocktails). There were cards, texts, Facebook notes, phone calls and repeated check ins. I’m tearing up again folks. It’s a big wow. So… friends and loved ones do make life complete in my opinion. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment