Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Be useful…

I want us to commit to do one thing a day that’s useful. I see these news reports about “the masculinity crisis” and what I see is a lot of ships drifting in the wind. I see a lack of purpose and direction. 

When I look at history, I see a lot of big economic shifts. But I don’t see this same problem with millions of people feeling lost and angry. I think the biggest difference is that now, people can fill their time with hundreds of hours of social media and entertainment that is designed to make them as pissed off as possible so they keep coming back. It sucks you into a cycle of outrage, and it never offers you hope or purpose or solutions… If you find yourself spending hours a day on your phone or television, turn it off for a while and try to find a purpose…

Being useful gives all of us purpose… You just have to be willing to ask yourself, “How can I help?”…

It is easy to complain. Any idiot can highlight a problem. It is not easy to brainstorm, to learn, and to find solutions… I’m asking you to try to add something to the conversation, to be curious, not judgmental, as Ted Lasso says. And if you are so pissed off you think all you can do is complain, maybe log off and go outside and try to be useful in the real world. Put down your phone and help somebody (or, maybe, help yourself).

— Arnold Schwarzenegger

Well said Arnold. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment