Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Don’t know how you’re going to feel…

Speak to people in a way that if they died the next day, you’d be satisfied with the last thing you said to them.

And I can’t emphasize this enough.

— Unknown

As I process my mother’s passing, I’m reminded of my father’s funeral 24 years ago. The mourning process was unexpected, suprising and ongoing. Now, he was a hard ass who believed in tough love to be sure, but he had impressive strengths as well. I’ve been more and more aware of the positive impact he had on my life. He certainly did his best to prepare me for reality and for that I am grateful. I didn’t realized how much I would miss talking to him. So, I did everything in my power to invite deeper conversations with my mother over the years. I don’t know if we fully got there, but we certainly shared some of our misunderstandings and regrets. I’m really glad I did that. I can rest easy knowing I tried to connect more fully with my mother. RIP Mom. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment