Friday, January 2, 2015

Moving forward after loss....

The loss of a loved one (through death or a break up) sends us into grieving, whether we like it or not. Not much seems to help at a time like this, but healing meditations are said to create positive and healthy changes in our lives, aid us on our journey, comfort us, inspire us and give us hope for a brighter future. Choosing meditations that speak to us can help rebuild our self-confidence, and help us learn to love both ourselves and our lives again. Looking after ourselves mentally and practicing self-love is an often overlooked part of overcoming grief and loss, and maintaining our physical health. (Ps. grieving experts also make note of losses that we may not think of as life altering - loss of a job or pet, hair loss, stages of aging, a friend moving away, serious injury that limits our activities etc.).

In honour of those lost, but not forgotten...

It's OK to cry. Crying is a cleansing and healing process that will make me stronger.
I freely release fears that I no longer need.
My heart is open to a new chapter.
I allow myself to just be. I am in the perfect place, making perfect progress every day.

For more meditations, check out Healing Meditations For Surviving Grief and Loss, by Sibel hodge.

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment