Sunday, April 21, 2024

Can’t just let it go?…

Why can’t I get over it or just let it go?

Responses of the nervous system happen below the level of conscious awareness, in the survival brain. Becoming anxious, triggered or shutting down isn’t something you’re choosing - it happens automatically and instantly. If something feels familiar to a previous trauma, your physiology will move you into a state of fight, flight or freeze. You can’t talk yourself out of it or be more positive/capable/strong to change it. It’s not your fault. 

— jessicamaguire.com (@repairing__the_nervous_system)

I ended up seeing a Body Talk/Craniosacral Therapist as a last resort, after a life long battle with stomach aches and bloating. The traditional health care system had no solution. Nothing really showed up in allergy tests (one $400 blood test showed a clean sheet, except a minimal response to alfalfa sprouts, when I know my body is not in love with dairy, wheat or red meat). A trusted naturopath suggested the eat for your blood type book, and I’ve found their diet guide to be pretty bang on (lots of fruit, veggies, nuts, salmon, minimal dairy/wheat, red meat. So there you go!). In my first session with the Body Talk practitioner, she diagnosed me with “Anxious Tummy” which is essentially a central nervous system response to stress. Body Talk/Craniosacral therapy, along with the blood type type diet have been the solution for me, both physically and emotionally. My Craniosacral coach explains how this particular therapy calms the nervous system and provides a bit more space and time around triggering events, which was a happy, additional benefit to solving my digestive issues. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment