Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Your anger loves you…

I wanna share something my therapist said about anger that blew my mind:

“Your anger is the part of you that knows your mistreatment and abuse are unacceptable.

Your anger knows you deserve to be treated well, and with kindness. Your anger is a part of you that loves you.”

— Lyndsey Gallant

I learned about the importance of anger in therapy as well. My favourite therapist told me that, essentially, I had a broken compass because I avoided anger, at almost all cost. I came to fear and loathe anger because it was the go-to in my family of origin. I saw destruction, without resolution and I blamed anger. Fast forward to my thirties and I learned about healthy anger management. My favourite therapist explained that anger provides critical information; it lets us know when our boundaries are being crossed, or that we need to make a request of a loved one, or we need more or less of something in our lives. In short, our anger is there to protect us and tells us when we need to address issues in our lives. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment