Monday, May 30, 2022

“You’re competing with my comfort zones”…

I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you’re competing with my comfort zones.

— Horacio Jones (Self-help author who rose to fame after publishing two books on relationships and self-life, Broken Vision and I Am The Love Of My Life. He has over 170,000 followers on Instagram) 

When I was younger, I loved 24/7 relationships. Lots of togetherness, fun, romance, comfort, sense of family. As I’ve gotten older, however, I love solitude and the luxury of tending to my own needs (chick flicks and chocolate, Lol). At this point (post divorces!), togetherness can mean compromising (sometimes ok and sometimes not) and fun/romance can mean summoning more energy than I have. Reality shifts, and this is apparently legit. I read a great book called The Female Brain, which describes the phases both woman and men go through over the years. And woman, as we age, require a bit more time to nurture ourselves. (From what I remember, men need much latitude when it comes to career, and the pressures that follow). Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment