Tuesday, July 7, 2020

7 Secrets of Personal Development...

From Dale Carnegie Training

1. Only you can take charge of your personal development.
2. Development is a personal process.
3. Success often occurs in places where you least expect it.
4. Focus on the little things around you, not just the bigger picture.
5. Improving your listening skills will make you a better communicator.
6. Never stop learning new skills and practicing basic ones.
7. Success starts with failure and is a “trial and error” process.

A very challenging marriage led me to life altering relationship skills workshops. I was surprised to learn about the limitations of my own communication skills. For example, I tended to avoid conflict, thinking things would resolve in time. I also tended to defend myself, rather than listen and try to understand the other person’s grievance. If we don’t learn such skills from our family of origin, when and how do we learn them? I certainly didn’t learn relating skills from K-12, or even in college, other than one fantastic “group dynamics” psychology course. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment