Sunday, July 5, 2020

Not expecting perfection...

“I Love You” means that I accept you for the person that you are,
and that I don’t wish to change you into someone else.
It means that I do not expect perfection from you,
just as you don’t expect it from me.
“I Love You means that I will love you and
and stand by you even through the worst of times.
It means loving you when you are in a bad mood
or too tired to do the things I want to do.
It means loving you when your are down,
not just when you’re fun to be with.

— Deanne Laura Gilbert

Trial and error pretty much defines my young romantic life. What I learned in the end, thank God, is that the match is a huge factor. My earlier relationships were great in many ways and I can see why I chose the partners I did. I just needed to be more honest and clear about my likes/dislikes, wants/needs, deal breakers/acceptable quirks etc. Once I wrote out a detailed description of my ideal mate and the life I wanted to live, the perfect partner soon followed, and was easy to recognize. Our uber compatibility makes life easy. We like to do the same things and even when our little idiosyncrasies pop up, they’re sort of endearing. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment