Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The proverbial filter...

People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.

- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

We hear bits and pieces of wisdom and perhaps we even know a bunch of them by heart. Why is it that we don't necessarily integrate them into our lives? Maybe we have to be ready to learn certain things? I observed myself just the other day wanting/needing to be in the know, rather than choosing to listen and learn something new that could potentially enhance my life or make my job easier. I really wonder why that is. Maybe we're afraid of being judged. Maybe we think we should know everything now that we're full fledged adults. Whatever the case may be, it's quite a revelation to take ourselves off the hot seat and listen for a change. Pretty relaxing actually. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment