Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mental rest...

The cultivation of mental rest, or surrender, is like eating healthy food. It doesn't give us an immediate rush, but over time it provides a lot more energy.

- Marianne Williamson, Return to Love

Speaking of which, I did manage to give up sugar, for the most part. I now treat myself once in a while - and then remember why I gave it up in the first place. Why is it that some of the yummiest things make us feel crappy after the fact;) Sucks. The mental rest thing is huge as well. Many years back, I read a number of great books that talked about calming the mind. They say whatever we can do to "quiet" the mind offers the possibility of peace and reprieve from our daily stressors. I have to say, it's worked for me in a big way; yoga, writing, daydreaming, swimming, even cleaning, or what have you. Just sayin' ;)

Blessings,

Chatgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment