Friday, October 13, 2023

Make anger your best friend…

My therapist once told me “Anger is the part of yourself that loves you the most. It knows when you are being mistreated, neglected, disrespected. It signals that you have to take a step out of a place that doesn’t do you justice. It makes you aware that you need to leave a room, a job, a relationship, old patterns that don’t work for you anymore. Learn to listen to your anger and make it your best friend. Then it’ll leave.” And that stuck with me forever.

— Unknown 

I learned about the importance of anger from my favourite therapist. He initially diagnosed me with a “broken compass.” He said that because I grew up around damaging anger, I was afraid of it, and avoided it at all cost. He went on to explain that we need our anger because it gives us critical information. Once I was able to acknowledge and process my anger, I did end up leaving both my marriage and my job at the time. I was also able to properly identify my needs and wants in a mate (much better compatibility and aligned values/goals in life) and in my career (a more compatible corporate culture and meaningful/people focused mission statement). Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment