Saturday, October 21, 2023

Being your own validation and honouring your needs (plus work/life balance!)…

Growth can look like:

* Choosing inner peace over reacting
* Walking away from drama
* Being your own validation
* Trusting yourself
* Honouring your needs
* Recognizing unhealthy patterns
* Falling back in love with your life

— @h.e.l.e.n.m.a.r.i.e.

I don’t know about you, but I continue to work on honouring my needs. I was raised to be pretty selfless, which is fine, because you can end up being a very giving, collaborative and thoughtful person. However, self care can also slide down the list, compromising happiness and mental health. I’ve finally learned how to decline certain obligations, but I’m still grappling with work/life balance. Companies want more from their employees for minimal pay increases, and with the escalating cost of living, quality of life is taking a big hit. So how do we maintain pride in our work ethic, and not burn ourselves out? Personally, I remain committed to finding an entrepreneurial endeavour with a passive income stream (at least on the side). I also need to pace myself in the day job, because grinding it out for basically the same, or less, disposable income is not a recipe for joy and well being! Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


No comments:

Post a Comment