Monday, October 2, 2023

Feeling down is a sign…

Feeling “down” is an indication that something within you is seeking to be released. Any “negative” emotion that is in your awareness is only ever there because it’s seeking to be freed. It’s not there to be pushed down, fought against or ignored. Instead of fighting that feeling, seek to understand why it’s there. Negative emotion is often an indication that you believe something that either isn’t true or isn’t in your highest good, about yourself, about others or about what you desire. Take some time to meditate, view everything through the lens of love, allow it, be patient and the false belief will reveal itself.

— Unknown 

My favourite therapist would agree. He says that “negative emotions” provide critical information that can help us make important decisions, and make changes if necessary. Looking back, I can see glaring deal breakers in my two primary relationships. I did not take my reactions seriously, when I felt disrespected, not heard, not factored in. For example, my ex began a huge renovation on our living room/dining room/kitchen without even talking to me. And he was counting on my financial support! Deal breaker of all deal breakers. My other ex was a micro-manager, questioning many of my decisions (even where to buy groceries or fashion choices. Ugh). I already had a father and didn’t need another one, thank you very much. Not much space for romance or partnership in that environment. Another deal breaker. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment