Saturday, September 2, 2023

Not yet ready to forgive?…

If I have harmed anyone in any way either knowingly or unknowingly through my own confusions 
I ask their forgiveness. 
If anyone has harmed me in any way either knowingly or unknowingly through their own confusions
I forgive them.
And if there is a situation I am not yet ready to forgive
I forgive myself for that.
For all the ways that I harm myself, negate, doubt, belittle myself, judge or be unkind to myself through my own confusions
I forgive myself.

— A Buddhist Prayer of Forgiveness

I’ve been working with forgiveness a lot this past year (since my mother’s passing, and a lot of difficult fall out). This is the first quote I’ve seen that makes an allowance for not being ready to forgive. I actually want to forgive and move on to a more peaceful phase, but my mind and heart keep treading back over some particularly painful stuff. In this moment I want to forgive myself for not accomplishing a deep rooted, long standing goal. Fortunately, a handy strength of mine is perseverance. I’m not afraid of hard work, sacrifice, and taking a few risks. I’m a glass-half-full kinda girl, so I can’t help but believe there’s a brilliant day just up ahead. Having said that, I’ve been sitting here mourning a number of things today. A few tears shed for each sad, lingering moment. Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment