Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Life Lessons for Highly Sensitive People…

* You have a powerful intuition. Learning to trust yourself will change your life. 

* Once you accept yourself for being sensitive, it won’t matter if others approve of you.

* Your ability to feel other people’s pain dosen’t mean it’s your responsibility to fix it. 

* You will thrive when you prioritize taking really, really good care of yourself. 

* Boundaries are how you teach people to treat you. Honouring your time and energy portrays self-respect. 

— @lifebyalissa 

The third one resonates for me. I think I may have found the sweet spot of feeling appreciated for my high level of empathy when healthy for me, and an appropriate level of detachment when the scenario is not necessarily my concern… (This is after much individual/group therapy, EMDR, Body Talk/Craniosacral Therapy and re-birthing/breath work. Ps. Apparently 10 - 20 % of the population is wired to feel everything deeply). Just sayin’ :) Hugs and good luck. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment