Saturday, June 25, 2022

Take bold action…

Nothing holds you back more than your own insecurities.

— Unknown 

Yup. I keep working on it. Focus on the possibilities, rather than fear of the unknown. I’ve noticed an aspect of post-traumatic stress/fear from the past as well. When things have gone terribly wrong; being cheated on/betrayed, having to leave a job (tyrant boss/toxic company culture), being on the wrong side of economic disaster (2008 financial crash and/or this pandemic), betrayal of a friend, these things leave an emotional scar. My favourite therapist says there are, however, big learning opportunities (in the post-mortem stage obviously, as we’re recovering). He says we can learn to observe red flags and take bold action. In relationships for example, he says with confidence from 40 yrs of private practice, that we typically notice things within two weeks of dating someone. We just tend to ignore the warning signs because we’re in the throws of infatuation. With work, we tend to avoid change because it’s a hassle. Problem is, the longer we sit inactive in our frustration, we risk life happening TO us. I’ve been bit by this more than once and I know for sure that I’d rather make my own decisions, in my own time frame. There’s nothing worse than the book shelf falling on your head, leaving you to scramble for a place to live, or find a new job in a potentially bad market. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO 

Blessings,

Chatgirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment