Saturday, June 4, 2022

The “right” person…

At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.

— Karen Salmansohn (Self-help author, designer and founder of notsalmon.com, a personal development site, which offers books and video courses on anxiety, toxic people, emotional eating, relationships, meditation and happiness. Salmansohn was formerly a senior VP ad creative director (at age 26), who left her career to pursue writing. She is a regular columnist for Oprah, CNN, Psychology Today, Huffington Post and MSN. She is also a relationship expert for msn.com, match.com and Lifetime TV and was previously a career coach for AOL. She is most well known for her self-help books, such as How To Be Happy, Dammit, Think Happy, Life is Long and Prince Harming Syndrome)

I am certainly an example of someone who tended to choose the “wrong” person in love, and who finally got it right. It took being super, duper honest with myself. What kind of person am I and what sort of behaviour am I able to accept or not accept, how do I want to live my life, and what sort of future do I envision. From there, what sort of person is a match for these values, desires and goals. It worked. My future hubby and I had arrived at the same conclusion and had pretty much identical “lists” for the perfect life partner. Just sayin’ :) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment