Thursday, December 30, 2021

How to achieve enduring peace, health and love: an “inside” job…

My favourite therapist believes that we can experience and bring to others a far greater and more enduring peace, health and love by addressing our own inner conflict. In his book Healing Your Relationship With Yourself, he addresses the issue he continues to see through his 40’ish years of private practice. Specifically, he says “Most people who come into my office do not understand that the problems that they present to me originate with inner conflict. They believe sincerely (but mistakenly) their problems are the result of external causes. If they persevere in their healing work, they soon come to realize that healing is an ‘inside’ job.” This inside job involves an exploration of the key states of consciousness within us; the fear-based, and survival-oriented aggressive/defensive ego (who has the potential to be angry, harsh, judgmental, critical and worse), a child consciousness (who, in my opinion and experience, carries the feelings, experiences, trauma, scars from our upbringing. Can you say adult tantrum, Lol. But this internal mini me also tends to be quite emotionally savvy and brilliantly honest) and a spiritual consciousness (higher self, or best, most compassionate self). The goal is to heal the fear-based ego, in particular, and then achieve a harmonious and supportive “Inner Family.” I’ve done much of this work and as Joel would say, it is not for the faint of heart, because although reading the book and/or taking one of the weekend seminars is a brilliant start, there’s typically a long road ahead, if one so chooses to embark on this brave path. Personally, I felt I couldn’t afford not to take this journey inward. Let me see, a life of tumultuous and confusing relationships with bad endings, or go back to the drawing board and fix the foundation. Yup, easy choice. It was the right choice too because I ended up finding the love of my life, the perfect job and a very fulfilling relationship with my self, which includes treasured and precious moments of peaceful and rejuvenating solitude. If you’re interested in learning more, check out Joelbrass.com. Just sayin’ ;) Hugs. XO

Blessings,

Chatgirl 




No comments:

Post a Comment